Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Even liberal democrats are calling Trump-Russia theory merritless

David Brooks of the NY Times

Let’s Not Get Carried Away - June 20, 2017

There may be a giant revelation still to come. But as the Trump-Russia story has evolved, it is striking how little evidence there is that any underlying crime occurred — that there was any actual collusion between the Donald Trump campaign and the Russians. Everything seems to be leaking out of this administration, but so far the leaks about actual collusion are meager.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/opinion/russia-investigation-trump.html


Liberal Law professor Alan Dershowitz
On “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” - June 19, 2017

Left-leaning Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz agreed with President Donald Trump when he said the Comey investigation is a partisan issue, according to his comments Monday evening on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“I don’t agree with President Trump on a lot of his agenda issues,” Dershowitz began. “As you know I’m a liberal Democrat who voted enthusiastically for Hillary Clinton, but I think I’m a person of principle.”

“I realize that what Democrats are trying to do is exactly what Republican extremists tried to do to Hillary Clinton: lock her up, throw away the key.”

“The very people who are pushing for Donald Trump to be indicted or impeached would be on the other side of the issue if the shoe were on the other foot,” Dershowitz continued.

He then went on to argue that the president had the right to ask Comey to drop the investigation, and he also had the full right to fire Comey for any reason.

“They are saying that he committed obstruction of justice by simply acting on his constitutional authority. He had the right to fire Comey, Comey acknowledged that. He had the right to tell Comey to stop investigating Flynn, Comey acknowledged that,”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/20/dershowitz-trump-is-right-about-russia-investigation/


Tucker Carlson interviews Alan Dershowitz:




No comments:

Post a Comment