I found the 38 second clip below to be really interesting. I hope other's will watch it.
I remember when I took political science, the instructor drew a diagram on the board. On one end of the political spectrum, he explained, were communists, on the other end were fascists.
We were taught that these two ideologies were diametrically opposed. Communists were far left, fascists were far right. Communists hated fascists, fascists hated communists.
I took notes, and gave the "correct" answer on the exam. But this always seemed odd to me. I would have thought the opposite of communism would be libertarianism. It seemed to me that fascists, and communists, had much in common. Both ideologies are authoritarian, both oppose free expression, both oppose citizens owning guns, both believe the government should provide all essential service, like healthcare.
Nazis are often cited as an example of fascism. But "Nazi" means: the National Socialist German Workers' Party. Below is an actual quotes by Hitler:
“We are socialists, we are enemies of today’s capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically weak, with its unfair salaries, with its unseemly evaluation of a human being according to wealth and property instead of responsibility and performance, and we are all determined to destroy this system under all conditions”
Hitler made many other such quotes. These quotes are essentially identical to the rhetoric we are hearing today from Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Corte.
Yet leftists accuse, censor, and even violently punish anybody who criticizes the left's ideology as being "fascists." The leftist militant group "Antifa" is supposed to mean "Anti-Fascist." But are those who oppose leftist ideologies really fascists, or does the left label conservatives as such as a justification for the left's violence and censorship? The 38 second video below, by G. Edward Griffin, may be informative.
very old far-left tactic pic.twitter.com/OulCqz5NzE— Jimmiart (@Jimmiart) April 6, 2019
No comments:
Post a Comment